Field Service Technician
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work and make decisions within deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Maintains a safe, neat and clean work area by adhering to Mobilcomm’s safety regulations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Performs a wide variety of activities associated with installing, maintaining and service products at various customer sites.
- Conducts start-up, cutover and checkout activities on newly installed systems.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses system equipment interface problems during installations.
- Performs modifications and field changes to installed equipment.
- Familiar with Motorola technologies including, but not limited to: LSS Simulcast, ISR sites, Gold Elite networks, Harris microwave, networking equipment, MOSCAD, case resolution systems, Lamarche DC equipment, communications analyzers, sit master, T1 test equipment etc.
- Prepare reports and document progress.
- Perform field changes as system expands.
- Requires minimal supervision, and able to follow established procedures for maintaining Astro 7.2 equipment.
- Willing to be called out for emergency situations anytime during the day or night, on weekends or holidays to ensure system uptime is achieved.
- Computer skills required (MS WindowsNT, PC Anywhere, MS Office, Hyperterminal or Procom
- Unique combinations of both strong multi-site RF communications abilities and also computer/networking skills are required.
- Good verbal and written communications abilities.
- Must have an excellent skill in the use of various communication test equipment. EX: Communications system analyzers, T1 test sets, TIMMS sets, dynamic signal analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Must be able to respond to and address customer’s problems quickly under stressful situations.
- Maintain accurate and updated documentation, charts and reports.
- Exceptional Customer Focus is required; Detail-orientated individual
- Individual Contributor and Strong Teaming skills are essential.
- Confident individual who is willing to assume responsibility.
- Adaptive, flexible and resourceful.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Associates degree/certificate of electronics, ETA certification, 4+ years related technical experience
- At least one ETA certification is highly preferred.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good networking skills
- Self starter and motivated towards customer satisfaction.
- While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, grasp and perform repetitive hand, wrist and arm motions.
- Has the ability to lift 100 pounds and to utilize power tools and test equipment.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.