Field Service Network Technician
Our organization is a two-way radio communication service provider looking for a field service technician who can offer quality support to clients over the phone, via email, through live chat, and in person. You will be expected to troubleshoot software and hardware issues to determine where repairs need to be made and then plan those repairs with your supervisor. The successful applicant will also be responsible for assisting in installation of new systems and various projects. The qualified candidate should have a focus on computer information systems, information technology, or computer science and should have an understanding of basic electronics.
- Troubleshooting computer software and hardware issues, make repairs, and perform scheduled updates.
- Maintaining working components through repair or replacement.
- Provide technical support to clients through various channels of communication.
- Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve both wired and wireless communications systems.
- Maintain current requirement for provided training on specific products including online and travel for on-site training.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Must possess a basic understanding of computer networks and the cabling that connects all equipment to the network.
- Have a strong background in server management and software installations and upgrades.
- Have exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured.
- Initiative and drive to complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills to work well within a team environment and assure staged equipment operates as designed and is correctly implemented.
- Require the ability to interpret a problem and determine the best way to resolve it. This requires critical thinking and research as additional information for repair / installation may be needed that is not provided.
Due to the nature of our work and the responsibilities of the public safety customers we service, you may be asked to work long hours or different shifts to accommodate minimum down time during equipment upgrades, replacements, or relocations.
Send Us Your Resume
Please click on the button below to send us your resume. We will contact you as positions come available in the future.